Oct 7, 2020: CE Marking for Machinery
CE Marking for Machinery
European Directive for Machinery Safety - Directive 2006/42/EC
European machinery has been required to be CE marked since 1995, and the current Directive 2006/42/EC, sets out seven categories of equipment which are within scope:
- Machinery (Main definition: an assembly of linked parts, where at least one moves and is powered for a specific application)
- Interchangeable equipment
- Safety components
- Lifting accessories
- Chains, ropes and webbing (for lifting purposes)
- Removable mechanical transmissions devices
- Partly completed machinery
The Directive applies to machines that are new, but also applies to machines that have been built for own use, or where they have been modified or rebranded.
HOW DWS CAN HELP
DWS offer swift and tailored CE marking for machinery. We CE Mark all kinds of machinery in the Medical/Healthcare and Industrial sectors.
DWS can carry out CE Marking testing and certification on machinery for you. With this certification process DWS guarantees your machinery and documentation meet all mandatory provisions.
We will handle all aspects of the CE process and guide and advise on any changes which may be necessary to ensure your machine is in conformance with all CE requirements.
We will make the task easy for you by providing the following services:
- Identify EU Requirements and Standards for your machine
- Comprehensive Risk Assessments as required by the Essential Health and Safety Requirements of the Machinery Directive
- Advice and Implementation of Protective Control Measures to ensure Compliance
- Assess Level of Conformity
- Upgrading Mechanical and Electrical Components as per Conformity results
- Technical Documentation/File compilation
- Issue an EC Declaration of Conformity
- Affixing the CE mark
Recent News Summaries
Oct 7, 2020
CE Marking for MachineryWe will handle all aspects of the CE process and guide and advise on any changes which may be necessary to ensure your machine is in conformance with all CE requirements under the EU Directive 2006/42/EC for Machinery Safety.
MV Substation, MV Switchrooms, MV Transformers, Design, Construction and Installation - February 2020Feb 14, 2020
MV Substation, MV Switchrooms, MV Transformers, Design, Construction and Installation - February 2020
Jan 24, 2020
Telecoms Maintenance - January 2020
Nov 29, 2019
Install and Commission of DC Power BackUp Systems
Nov 27, 2019
Turnkey Lab Installation Solutions
Dec 4, 2017
DWS are hiring Electricians.
Sep 20, 2017
Oxygen Analyser .
DWS has just added Oxygen Analyising to its list of skill sets that is now offering to its Clients .
Aug 24, 2017
Employment opportunities in DWS Facility Services
Aug 24, 2017Compressed Air Tester and Air Particle counter perform accurate air quality testing to the requirements of ISO 8573-1-2010 Air and Purity contaminants and EN12021.
Feb 8, 2016Already very experienced in all areas of general support and maintenance for the medical industries, DWS Facility Services are able to offer more local support to Hurco's growing customer base in the South of Ireland.